We are a Halifax-based Chartered Professional Accounting firm seeking a Staff Accountant to join our expanding practice. Our firm is well-established and has been servicing the needs of clients in the region for over 20 years.
- Prepare working papers;
- Perform annual bookkeeping for clients;
- Complete compilation engagements; and
- Prepare personal and corporate income tax returns.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Suite programs;
- Experience working with Sage and Quickbooks;
- Strong background in accounting and bookkeeping;
- Expertise using various accounting software applications; and
- Knowledge of Caseware and TaxPrep programs will be considered an asset.
As a Staff Accountant, you will have an opportunity to work closely with partners and staff on a wide variety of engagements in several industries. We pride ourselves on our comfortable work environment, personable staff, and flexible working hours.
As the ideal candidate, you have well-developed technical skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills. You are a self-starter, full of energy and highly motivated. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience in this field. You are proactive and a detail-oriented problem-solver with strong financial and analytical comprehension, exceptional time management and prioritization skills, and are proficient in financial statement preparation. You enjoy being challenged, are highly professional, and value client confidentiality.
We offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits, and a Group RRSP Plan.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to the attention of Tiffany Hart, Office Manager, by email to email@example.com. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.